Who we are
Ateliere Fara Frontiere (AFF) is a Romanian non-profit association, Work Integration Social Enterprise creating jobs for disadvantaged people in social and solidarity workshops in order to prepare them for complete social and professional reintegration on the labor market. Our 3 missions are:
- Fight against exclusion
- Environmental protection
- Solidarity with education and community development
Ateliere Fara Frontiere has launched, in may of 2009, Bucharest’s work integration workshop, which provides to people in great difficulty who are employed there:
- An employment contract – maximum 24 months
- A productive work experience, in one of the following activities: recycling, refurbishing, logistics, packing, merchandise handling, cleaning, transport, sewing
- An individual follow up: counselling, orientation, training, job placement – in partnership with Non profits, institutions and companies
Designed as a training period with a career launch at the end, the social and professional program has the following objectives:
- (re)building self confidence and confidence in others
- (re)gaining autonomy
- (re)building lasting employability
- (re)building and consolidating social and family ties
- (re)integration on the labor market and society as citizens with full rights
What do we mean by „people in great difficulty” ?
The employees undergoing the work integration program at Ateliere Fara Frontiere are people that accumulate a large number of difficulties: financial, family or justice related, without education or experience, homeless, who suffer medical, behavioral or discrimination problems, long term unemployment, who with addictions, disabilities, single women with kids or victims of violence, etc.
Despite having a wrong start or a life accident, making it difficult for them to find and keep a job, they are motivated and working towards rebuilding their lives regardless of the obstacles presented by discrimination and other difficulties they are confronted with.
They are recommended to Ateliere Fara Frontiere by our social partners who collaborate with us closely.
Throughout the program we work on integration, training and career counseling while the social partners keep following up on social, medical and psychological matters. In 2014 we have worked with 12 trusted partners: Samusocial in Romania, Caia Obregia, Casa Ioana, Concordia, The Probation Service, DGASMB, DGASPC sector 1, DGASPC sector 3, the APEL Service, Touched Romania, ACSIS, and the Solwodi Association.